Saturday, July 28, 2012

hard to keep up!


so, i figured a blog would be a good way to keep my work posted and share what i do, but that only works if you actually update your post :) so here is what has been going on in my world.  In June I did a show at the Woodbury Art Museum entitled Art of Our Century.  It was the first show I entered out of school and I was super honored to be included among some of my favorite artists.  I was able to show two pieces, Defiant and Pensive, it was awesome because I was able to show some of my figure work, whereas before it was mostly landscape.  I was honored with an honorable mention and the museum picked Defiant as the purchase award.  I was so shocked and excited! And now they will have a picture of my lovely mug forever ;)  Anyhow, the best part of the night was probably that my sweet nephew Parker was my date, it was only fitting seeing that he was the inspiration for Pensive.  The museum even took a picture of him standing in front of it.  I was also proud that my family was there, I get a lot of support from them, even my grandpa from Idaho was there.  I can't forget my wonderful group of friends either, they are my biggest support and drive me to do great work.  Thank you, I love you all.

2 comments:

  1. I am totally impressed, Annie. Admittedly biased, but oh so proud of you and the work that you are doing. I miss being there to support you, but hope that you feel my support long distance.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Dad, I know you're rooting for me :) I'm sorry I don't keep the blog up like I should. I'm working on it though. Love ya

    ReplyDelete