Thursday, October 11, 2012

Adrift

I'm sure everyone has felt this way, but lately I feel like I sleep, and work.  Nothing more.  I haven't been able to create anything in a couple weeks :(  not for lack of trying.  I just worked in the studio for a couple hours and have nothing to show for it.  It's like all the ideas are still percolating in my head and a rush to put some paint on the canvas only proves frustrating.  Is it possible to be overloaded with nothing?  like the less I do, the harder it is to start something or make something I am happy with?  I feel like i'm not currently measuring up to my potential and that is the worst feeling of all.

1 comment:

  1. It is annoying but it really seems like it comes in waves. some weeks are just wonderful and productive and others feel like I am completely defective! I wish it wasn't like that but at least you know that it will come back to you.

    ReplyDelete